In the world of comfort food, the cheeseburger reigns supreme. It’s great all year long and fantastic for lunch or dinner. With this recipe and a few helpful tips, you'll be on the road to the ultimate burger at home.
- In a bowl, combine ground chuck and ground sirloin and mix together. Divide the beef into 4 equal portions and shape into patties, about 1 inch thick. Place a thumbprint in the center of each patty, about 1/2 inch thick to help stop the burgers shrinking. Season both sides with salt and pepper, cover with cling wrap, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium. When hot, melt one tablespoon of butter on the griddle and add the sliced onions. Season the onions with salt and give them a toss to get the coated in the butter. Cook, turning every minute, for 15 - 20 minutes until nicely caramelized. Set aside.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter on your griddle attachment. Place your burger patties on the hot griddle, and insert 3 or 4 knife cuts into each burger. This will help the burgers cook through evenly. Fry for 4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 4 minutes. Place 2 slices of American cheese on each burger patty, and transfer to the preheated oven to melt. (About 5 minutes).
- While the burgers are frying, make the sauce. In a blender, combine mayo, mustard, relish, and ketchup, and pulse until smooth. (This can be done ahead of time, and kept in the refrigerator until you're ready to build the burgers)
- Build the burgers with 1 tablespoon of burger sauce, a patty, 2 tablespoons of grilled onions, tomato, and lettuce. Spoon one more tablespoon of sauce on the top bun and serve immediately.
CRANK UP YOUR COOKING TIP:
Caramelize the onions and fry the burger patties on the versatile griddle attachment that can be used with PowerPlus® 2-in-1 Burner & Griddle on the Frigidaire Professional Range