Spinach and Artichoke Dip has long been a champion in the party food world. This version elevates this classic dish with added crispy maple bacon and toasted baguette for dipping, made easy with help from the Frigidaire Professional griddle attachment. A breeze to prepare and guaranteed to result in multiple recipe requests.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoons of butter. When melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, keeping a close watch that it doesn’t burn. Stir in the spinach and cook until softened and wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Arrange the griddle attachment on top of the center burner and heat over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crispy and golden brown. When there is 1 minute of cook time remaining, pour over the maple syrup coating the bacon well. Transfer to a plate and set aside, and clean the griddle with paper towel.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth. Fold through the artichokes, red onion, spinach garlic mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Cut the bacon into small pieces and add them to the dip mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons to garnish the finished dip.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the dip is bubbling, the cheese has melted and top has browned.
- While the spinach dip is baking, prepare the bread. Heat the griddle a second time over medium heat. Cut the baguette into thin slices and brush both sides with olive oil. Toast on the hot griddle for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Immediately rub each cooked slice with garlic for an added hit of flavor.
- Top the cooked spinach dip with the reserved bacon bits and serve warm.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Gently rub the grilled bread with garlic to add a next-level flavor explosion to your final dip.