Pureed Sweet Potatoes with Cream and Cheddar
Prep Time: 10 MINS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
There are so many creative and unique ways to serve your sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving. For a fun twist, try pureeing them with cream, cheddar and a hint of cayenne. Hearty, sweet and delicious!
- Add the sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with room temperature water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. For easy pureeing, use an immersion blender, and then add melted butter, cream and shredded cheese.
- Add cayenne pepper, ground mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Stir together, and finish with an extra drizzle of cream.
Crank up your cooking tip:
For quick and easy pureeing, use an immersion blender.
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces (1 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste