Sliders are perfect party appetizers. Small enough to have a few and jam-packed with flavor. Browning the pork on the griddle attachment will help create a delicious, crispy pulled pork exterior. Transferring to the oven and roasting low and slow will result in a moist, fall-off-the-bone, perfectly cooked roast. A guaranteed homegating win.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Fit the griddle attachment on the center burner, and heat over medium-heat.
- Drizzle and massage 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the pork shoulder. Brown the pork all over on your preheated griddle attachment, getting it nicely colored. Stir the brown sugar, spices, salt, and pepper together in a small dish. Transfer the pork to a large Dutch oven (or oven safe pot) and sprinkle over the spice rub. Add 7 oz of your favorite beer to the pot and transfer to the preheated oven. Roast for 6 – 6 ½ hours, until the meat easily pulls away from the bone.
- While the pork is roasting, prepare the slaw. Using a box grater, grate the red cabbage, carrots, and apple into a bowl. Toss together with the sliced green onions, olive oil, lemon juice, and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the finished pork to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat and transfer to a large bowl. Toss together with 1 to 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Build the sliders with 2 tablespoons of pulled pork, 1 tablespoon of slaw, and an extra drizzle of barbecue sauce. Serve immediately.
Crank up your cooking tip:
The Frigidaire Professional Range has PowerPlus™ Convection that circulates the heat in the oven for an evenly cooked roast. To really enhance the flavor pour beer into the pot before placing in the oven.