Cuban Sandwiches live comfortably among the classic handheld comfort dishes with good reason: they’re jam-packed with incredible flavor and sport a perfectly balanced crispy and soft texture combination.
- First, marinade the pork. Combine the garlic, onion, orange juice, lime juice, spices, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the pork and massage it thoroughly with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium heat on the PowerPlus™ burner. When hot, pour in the olive oil and add the pork, reserving any marinade. Sear on all sides until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the pot to the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meat reads 145˚F with a kitchen thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork. Slice the tenderloin into very thin rounds and set aside.
- Halve the baguettes lengthwise. Slather the insides of each halve with a generous portion of mustard and arrange half of the cheese on the bottom of each sandwich. Divide the pork tenderloin between each sandwich then top with the deli-ham, sliced pickles and the remaining cheese.
- Position the griddle attachment over the center burner with the grill side facing upward, and heat over medium heat. Brush the outsides of each sandwich with melted butter and place them on the hot griddle. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, pressing down firmly on each sandwich with a spatula (or better yet, a cast iron pan) to help flatten the sandwiches as they cook. When both sides are golden brown, have developed perfectly crisp grill marks, and the cheese has melted, the sandwiches are done. Transfer to a cutting board and slice each sandwich into 1-inch bites, inserting a toothpick into each to help keep it together.
- Transfer the mini sandwiches to a serving platter and serve with extra mustard.
Crank up your cooking tip:
These shareable mini-sandwiches have been elevated to rock star levels thanks to the griddle attachment on the Frigidaire Professional Gas Front-Control Freestanding Range, and make grilling at home a snap, any time of the year. Tailor made for your next homegating party.