Bite-sized finger foods are the perfect accompaniment to any homegating feast. These Maple Bacon Beer Bites are quick and easy to prepare, and are sure to vanish in 2 seconds flat. More time with family and friends, minimal prep time required and zero compromise on deliciousness.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Pour the beer into a 3-quart saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. When simmering, add the sausages and cook for 15 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the sausages into thirds and slice the bacon strips in half. Wrap each sausage section with a half-slice of bacon and secure each piece firmly with a toothpick. Transfer the sausages to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Baste all sides of each piece with the maple syrup.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the bacon is golden brown and crispy, and the house smells heavenly.
- While the sausages are cooking, combine the yellow prepared mustard, pure maple syrup, chili powder and ground cayenne pepper in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the sausages to a serving platter and serve with the spicy maple mustard.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Basting the bacon with maple syrup will perfectly candy it around the sausage.