Homemade BBQ Sauce with Beer and Brown Sugar
Prep Time: 10 MINS
Cook Time: 30 MINS
A great BBQ Sauce is a kitchen essential. Making it at home is simple and is guaranteed to take your grilling game to the next level. This BBQ sauce is paired with beer caramelized red onions for an added, rich, depth of flavor.
- Place a 2-quart saucepan on the stove and heat over medium. Add the butter to the pan. When the butter has melted, add onions and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the beer, cover with a lid, and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the beer has cooked away and the onions are nice and caramelized.
- Turn down the heat to medium low. Uncover, and add the brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice and stir together. Allow the sauce to simmer on medium low for 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Transfer your BBQ sauce to a jar and cool on the counter. Your BBQ sauce will keep for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
Crank Up your Cooking tip:
The Frigidaire Professional Range has a versatile PowerPlus® 2-in-1 Burner & Griddle. Use the simmer burner for delicate sauces.
- 1 cup red onions, sliced into half moons
- 1 TBSP. butter
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP. brown sugar
- 2 TBSP. soy sauce
- 2 TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP. cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP. lemon juice