French Toast with Blueberry Maple Compote
- Place a saucepan on the simmer burner of the PowerPlus® 2-in-1 Burner & Griddle located in the center of your cooktop, and heat over medium. Add 1 cup of blueberries, water, and cinnamon, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low, and continue simmering for 8-10 minutes. After about 10 minutes, add an additional cup of blueberries and maple syrup, stir together, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees
- Fit your Frigidaire Professional griddle over the center griddle burner, and heat over medium.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your eggs, sugar, and whipping cream. Add your lemon zest, vanilla, and cinnamon, and whisk until combined.
- Add your butter to the griddle to melt. Working in batches, dip your bread in the egg mixture, getting it coated on all sides, and fry for 1 1/2 minutes per side, until nice and golden brown. Place cooked French Toast pieces on a tray in the oven and use the Keep Warm function to keep warm.
- Serve 2 pieces of French Toast with butter, 2 tablespoons of your Blueberry Compote, and maple syrup