Homemade quesadillas are what homegating food was meant to be. Crispy tortillas with flavor-packed chicken and veggies and melty cheese for days. Add some Spicy Blender Salsa and Lime-Spiked Sour Cream to the equation and game over. Total homerun! Made entirely with your Frigidaire Griddle Attachment and Blender, this recipe is a breeze to prepare, and clean up in a snap. Perfection.
- First, prepare the salsa. In the base of your Frigidaire Professional Blender, combine the chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice, and season with a pinch of salt. Pulse until smooth, and then transfer to a serving dish. Cover the salsa with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge while you prepare the quesadillas.
- Next, combine the sour cream, lime juice and chili powder in a small serving dish and stir until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator along with the salsa.
- Arrange the Griddle Attachment on top of the center burner on the stovetop, and heat over medium heat. In a large bowl, toss the sliced chicken with the olive oil, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper together, them add it on the hot griddle. Cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Using tongs, fold in the slice onion and pepper, and continue cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables have softened.
- Clean the top of the griddle attachment with paper towel.
- Brush one side of three flour tortillas with melted butter and place them, greased-side down, on a board. Portion the chicken and vegetables out on the tortillas and sprinkle over the grated cheese. Top each with a tortilla, and then brush each top with the remaining melted butter.
- Heat the Griddle Attachment a second time over medium heat.
- Working in batches as necessary, cook the quesadillas for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the cheese has melted and the outside of the tortillas have turned a lovely golden brown.
- Slice the quesadillas into fours, and serve with the prepared salsa, sour cream, fresh cilantro and extra lime wedges.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Brush the tortillas with butter to create perfectly crisp, golden brown quesadillas.