Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Prep Time: 10 MINS
Cook Time: 35 MINS
- Preheat oven to 400°F on the Air Fryer setting.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to a rectangle of approximately 9 x 16 inches. With a spoon, spread 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce all over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella and parmesan all over the dough and then place the pepperoni slices on top, covering most of the dough.
- Starting on the long side of the dough, start rolling the dough from top to the bottom keeping it as tight as possible into a log. Place pizza log, seam-side down on a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper and let sit in the freezer or refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up. This will make it easier for slicing.
- Once the log has chilled, slice into 1-inch rounds and place on another prepared baking sheet (you will have two baking sheets full of sliced rounds). Brush each round with olive oil. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden, turning tray halfway through baking.
- Let the rounds slightly cool, then plate and sprinkle fresh basil leaves for a garnish. Serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping.
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, grated (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 can pizza sauce (213 ml)
- 1 pre-made pizza dough or one home-made dough (725 grams)
- 24 slices of pepperoni (64 grams)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Olive oil, for brushing or cooking oil spray