What should I do if the dispenser on my refrigerator is not dispensing ice?
If your refrigerator is not dispensing ice, here are a few things to check:
- If your refrigerator display has been locked, it will not dispense water or ice. Press and hold the lock key on your display for 3 seconds to unlock.
- Make sure there is ice in the ice bin.
- Make sure the refrigerator doors are completely closed when trying to dispense.
- The dispenser paddle may have been pressed too long. The dispenser has a built-in device that shuts off after 3 minutes of continuous use to prevent the motor from overheating. To reset the shutoff device, simply release the dispenser paddle and then resume if needed.
- It's possible that Ice may be jammed. Ice could have melted and frozen around the auger due to infrequent use, temperature fluctuations, and/or power outages. Remove the ice bin, thaw and empty contents. Clean the ice bin (wipe/dry) and replace in proper position. When new ice is produced, the dispenser should operate. Additionally, ice may be jammed between ice maker and ice bin. Take out the ice bin completely and remove the ice cubes. Replace the bin and the dispenser should operate. When removing or replacing the ice bin, avoid rotating the auger in the ice bin. If the auger is accidentally rotated, you must realign the auger by turning it in 45 degree turns until the ice bin fits into place. If the auger is not properly aligned, the refrigerator will not dispense ice and/or the door may not close properly.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.