My refrigerator was just installed and my Ice and Water dispenser is not working, how do I fix it?
If your refrigerator was just installed, there a few things to keep in mind regarding your Ice & Water Dispenser.
- Check to make sure the refrigerator is properly connected to a water supply and that the water supply is turned on.
- Be sure to prime the water supply system. Air in new plumbing lines can result in an uneven water flow.
- The dispenser has a built-in device that shuts off the water flow after 3 minutes of continuous use. To reset the shutoff device, simply release the dispenser paddle and then resume if needed.
- Water from the dispenser is not chilled – it will be room temperature without adding ice to your cup/glass.
- When dispensing ice, you will hear a snapping or clicking sound when the ice chute opens and closes. This is perfectly normal. When dispensing cubed ice, it is not uncommon to have a small quantity of little pieces along with whole cubes.
If you have any questions, please contact us.