What could be in your water?
As water makes its way through our world and through your city's water system, it collects impurities and contaminants both from pipes, homes, farms and the natural world.
- Heavy metals such as lead & mercury
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Pesticides & insecticides
Is bottled water safe to drink?
Bottled water is often held to even less strict safety regulations than tap water. Plus, every time you fill up a reusable bottle from your fridge, that's one more plastic bottle that stays out of the landfill. For safer, pure water that's better for your family and the environment, trust your home fridge filter.
How do activated carbon filters work?
Activated carbon technology filters contaminants in three ways:
- First, the large internal surface area physically traps sediments and contaminants.
- Then, activated carbon acts like a magnet for compounds like lead and volatile organic compounds as water passes through.
- Finally, chemical reactions inside the filter reduce chemicals like chlorine on contact.
What is a genuine water filter?
Genuine Frigidaire water filters are the only water filters that are guaranteed to work in your Frigidaire refrigerator to consistently provide the freshest and purest water for your home. These NSF certified filters are engineered to use three levels of powerful filtration to remove 99.9% of the contaminants listed above, and they’re guaranteed to fit and function perfectly with all Frigidaire refrigerators.
How often should you replace the filter?
Water filters should be replaced every six months to guarantee they are functioning properly. Regularly replacing your filter is the best way to guarantee your water filter system can function properly and keep your water filter safe.
See How Water Filters Keep You Safer:
With Frigidaire Genuine water filters on your side, you can be sure your water is free of 99.9% of contaminants.*