Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Chili and Garlic
Prep Time: 10 MINS
Cook Time: 20 MINS
Want to spice up your sweet potato recipe this Thanksgiving? Smash them! Boil the potatoes, smash them with a fork and cook in garlic! Season them off with chili flakes, fresh lime juice and parsley for a mouthwatering dish.
- Toss sweet potatoes in a pot of room temperature water, bring up to a boil, and cook until tender, but still a bit hard in the middle, about 8 to 10 minutes of boiling. Drain, pat dry, and smash each wedge with the back of a fork.
- Add the olive oil to a pan. Oil should be about two inches deep, with at least two inches of pan above it. Bring to about 325˚F, add the sliced garlic and let it cook for about 20 seconds, flipping, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and cook, turning once, until golden brown. Drain onto a paper towel. Turn up the heat to 400˚F. Add the potatoes again, until a deep golden brown (about another 3 minutes). And drain on paper towels again.
- Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper, top with chopped parsley.
Crank up your cooking tip:
For extra brightness, squeeze a lime wedge over the finished sweet potatoes.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP. chopped parsley
- 1 lime wedge, optional