Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich with Bacon, Tomato & Pimento Cheese
Cook Time: 12 MINS
This recipe for Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich with Bacon, Tomato & Pimento Cheese is a great treat for lounging around, tailgates (or homegating when you’re watching at home), brunches and so much more. They are simple to make and amazingly tasty. If you’re short on time, make the biscuits and use store-bought pimento cheese.
- Simply soften the cream cheese and mix the first 8 ingredients together. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 450 ˚F.
- Cut the butter into tiny chunks.
- Place the butter in a bowl, and mix all the other ingredients except the buttermilk into the butter.
- Once you've blended everything and it resembles a crumbly powder you can mix in your buttermilk and blend again.
- When it's all blended, it's time to form your biscuits. You can either roll them out, create drop biscuits or pat some out with your hands. We like to pat them out by hand.
- Place the biscuits on a greased pan, and cook for about 12 minutes on 450 ˚F.
- While the biscuits are cooking, it's time to fry the ham. You'll want to fry it for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Once the biscuits are done, slice them, place a half slice of ham on them, spread some pimento cheese over the ham, top with a tomato, and serve.
Crank up your cooking tip:
If you form your biscuits by hand, try a little vegetable oil on your hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 10 thick slices of ham
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 7 oz. pimentos drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 1 TBSP. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 tsp. unsalted butter