Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
Now it's finally ok to have pizza for breakfast! This hearty Breakfast Pizza is loaded with all your favorite staples: bacon, eggs, cheese and O’Brien potatoes. It’s sure to be your new go-to breakfast recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Pour oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add bell peppers and continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Once potatoes are fork tender remove from heat and set aside to allow mixture to cool.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll pizza dough out into a 12 or 14 inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal and top with pizza dough.
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup of cheese over the rolled pizza dough and top with potato mixture and chopped bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully make 3 wells on the top of the pizza and pour a cracked egg into each well. Lightly season with salt and pepper and transfer pizza to the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cheese is bubbling and eggs are cooked with a runny yolk.
- Top pizza with sliced chives, slice and serve.
Crank up your cooking tip:
For crispy on the outside and soft on the inside potatoes, get your cast iron skillet nice and hot before adding the potatoes, sautéing and then gently lowering the heat. This is done easily with the PowerPlus™ Burner and PrecisionPro Controls™ on the Frigidaire Professional Gas Cooktop
- 2 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small new potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. minced thyme
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 3 large eggs, cracked into individual ramekins
- 1 (8 ounce) store bought pizza dough, room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced chives
- Coarse cornmeal for dusting
- Baking sheet