Air Fryer Homemade French Fries
Prep Time: 30 MINS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, and corn starch together and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and peel whole potatoes with a peeler and place them into the water. Soak for a minimum of 30 minutes and max of 1 hour.
- Next, fill a second large bowl with cold water and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done soaking, remove them from the water (one at a time) and use french fry cutter or a sharp knife to cut each potato. Discard the small partial pieces and place the fries (cut potato) in the second large bowl of cold water. Soak them for at least 30 minutes and no more than 1 hour.
- To catch any drippings while cooking, place some foil-lined parchment paper on a baking sheet and put it on the oven rack a position or two below the fries. The oven bottom needs to stay clear so air can circulate.
- Remove the fries from the water and dry them well.
- Preheat oven to 350° using Air Fry mode. Once preheated, cook the fries for 10 minutes.
- Next, fill a bowl with cold water and remove the pan of fries while leaving the oven on. Reset oven to 425° using Use Air Fry mode.
- Place partially cooked fries into the cold water and once cooled, remove them from the water and place them on a paper towel lined pan. Pat to dry.
- Once the fries are nice and dry, place them in a zip lock bag and add vegetable oil. Toss the fries in the bag until thoroughly coated.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of corn starch mixture in the bag and shake it well to coat each french fry. Repeat this step until all of the corn starch mixture is added, and the french fries are thoroughly coated.
- Spray a dark baking sheet or the Frigidaire ReadyCook™ Air Fry Tray with cooking spray and place the fries on the pan in a single layer. Once the oven is preheated, put the fries in the oven and cook for 15-25 minutes at 425°.
- Once cooking is complete, remove the fries from the oven and serve.
Air fryer ovens eliminate the need for another countertop appliance by putting the same technology right in your oven. Learn more about how to get the most from your air fryer oven with these helpful tips from the experts.
- 1.5 lbs. (24oz) Russet Potatoes (approximately 3-5 large)
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1.5 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Cold Water (for soaking)
- Cooking Spray