The Ultimate Steak
Prep Time: 20 MINS
There are few things as delicious as a properly made, restaurant-style steak. This recipe will take your steak game to the next level.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the spice rub and mix together. Set aside.
- Place the steaks on a large cutting board and pat dry with paper towel. Coat each steak with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and give them a rub to get the beef well coated. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Rub each steak with about 2 tablespoon of spice mix, ensuring that all sides of are well coated. (Any leftover steak spice will keep in an airtight container for 2 months)
- Use a large cast iron skillet and heat over medium high. Place the steaks in the hot pan and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the steaks over and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Top the butter with the garlic and rosemary. When the butter has melted, angle the pan slightly so that a pool of butter collects near the base of the pan. Using a spoon, baste the tops of the steaks to get them nicely coated in the flavored butter. Cook for an additional 4 minutes (8 minutes total, for a steak cooked medium rare).
- Rest the steaks for at least 5 minutes on a plate to allow the juices to settle. This will result in an extremely moist, succulent steak.
- Transfer to a board and slice your rested steak against the grain into thin strips. Serve.
Crank Up your Cooking tip:
For the best sear, get a cast iron pan extra hot before you add the steak. The high heat of the PowerPlus® Burner on the Frigidaire Professional Range will quickly heat the pan.
- 4 x 1 1/2inch thick boneless rib eye steaks
- 1 TBSP. butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
For the spice rub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 4 TBSP. sea salt
- 3 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper