Making your own flatbread from scratch is quick, easy, and entirely soul-satisfying. And the griddle attachment on the Frigidaire Professional range helps in making the crispiest, most delicious flatbreads possible. Top those with steak, blue cheese, and balsamic reduction, and you’ve got a knockout appetizer hit for your next gathering.
- Heat a cast iron pan on the PowerPlus® burner over medium-high heat. Massage the steak with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, fry the steak for 3 – 4 minutes on both sides. When you flip the steak, add butter, garlic, and rosemary to melt together, basting the steak every few minutes. Transfer to a board to rest (5 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine flour and sea salt. Add water and olive oil, and knead until you have a soft dough ball (6 – 8 minutes). Working on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 4 equal sized pieces, and roll into long, thin oval shaped flatbreads.
- Place the griddle attachment over the center burner, and heat over medium heat. Slice the steak into ¼ inch pieces.
- Working one at a time, place a flatbread on the preheated griddle and fry for 3 – 4 minutes. Flip, add several pieces of steak to the bread, and fry an additional 3 – 4 minutes.
- Top cooked flatbreads with 1/8 cup blue cheese, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, and a handful of arugula. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of balsamic reduction, slice into 2-inch long rectangle pieces, and serve immediately.
Crank up your cooking tip:
For the best sear, get a cast iron pan extra hot before you add the steak. The high heat of the PowerPlus™ Burner on the Frigidaire Professional Range will quickly heat the pan.