A rich and creamy Panna Cotta is a simple dessert that always impresses guests. We’ve made ours with roasted strawberries and finished it with a topping of crushed pistachios for a nice crunch. Roasting the strawberries draws out their natural juices and sugars, concentrating their sweet flavor.
- For roasted strawberry cream: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Pour 1 tablespoon honey, oil and vinegar into a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add strawberries and toss together until strawberries are evenly coated. Pour mixture into a baking dish and roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow strawberries to cool. Once strawberries have cooled, pour mixture into a blender, add remaining honey and blend until smooth. Add crème fraiche, blend for 10 seconds and set aside.
- For panna cotta: Pour milk, cream and sugar into a saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Place saucepan over medium-low to medium heat and simmer until sugar dissolves, stirring.
- Fill a mixing bowl with ice water and add gelatin sheets to “bloom.” Once sheets have become soft and pliable, stir them into the milk mixture.
- Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Remove milk mixture from the stove and stir in the roasted strawberry cream.
- Pour mixture into 6-8 ounce ramekins. Transfer filled ramekins to a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator to set. Allow panna cottas to set up in the refrigerator for at least 4 to 6 hours and up to 2 days.
- Top with crushed pistachios. Serve.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Use the PowerPlus™ Burner and PrecisionPro Controls™ on the Frigidaire Professional Gas Cooktop for an extra boost of heat and power.