Classic, quick and easy to assemble, an omelette is the ideal vehicle for many flavor combinations. This baked omelette features asparagus and cherry tomatoes, but almost any two vegetables that you have at home will work perfectly. Serve for breakfast or for a simple, one-pan dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On your stovetop, heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium and melt the butter.
- Slice the asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces, and add them to the pan. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- While the asparagus is cooking, crack the eggs into a large bowl, whisk well, and season with salt & pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the eggs. Add the tomatoes and crumble over 1/2 cup goats cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the eggs have cooked through. (you'll know they're finished when an inserted toothpick comes out clean)
- Crumble over the remaining 2 tablespoons of goat cheese and top with fresh basil.
CRANK UP YOUR COOKING TIP:
The Frigidaire Professional Range has PowerPlus® Convection for an evenly baked omelette.