Prep Time: 15 MINS
- Cut the meat, onion and pepper into large bite-sized pieces, and cut the mushrooms in half. Thread the pieces of meat onto wooden skewers, alternating with pieces of onion, pepper and mushroom.
- Drizzle the kabobs with olive oil, season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill on pre-heated cast iron grill. Rotate skewers every so often so that they grill evenly for 8-10 minutes.
- Set the broiler to "Hi". Place the kabobs on a broiler pan and put it on a rack adjusted so the kabobs are about 4-6 inches below the broiler. Cook for about two minutes until the meat is browned, then turn everything over and cook the other side until browned.
- 3 pounds of meat (sirloin, chicken or shrimp), cubed
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut in large chunks
- 2-3 large peppers, cut in chunks
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms (optional), whole
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (optional), halved or whole
- 1 small zucchini (optional), sliced in circles