This Mexican inspired breakfast dish is delicious any time of the day. Topped with avocado salsa, black beans and a fried egg, your family is sure to love this for breakfast or dinner.
- Heat a 2-quart saucepan over medium and add one tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is warm add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin and cook for 1 minute longer. Pour in the black beans and salsa and bring to a simmer. Let the mixture bubble away for 10-12 minutes until the beans thicken.
- In the base of a blender add the avocado, sour cream, lime juice and sea salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium. When hot, add the butter and allow it to melt. Working in batches, crack the eggs onto one side and fry until cooked over-medium. On the other half toast the tortillas.
- To build, spoon 3 tablespoons of the beans over each tortilla. Top with a fried egg and a few cilantro sprigs. Serve with the avocado salsa and diced jalapeños.
Crank up your cooking tip:
The griddle attachment on the Frigidaire Professional Range makes grilling tortillas and frying eggs a snap.