Easy Holiday Pistachio Brittle
Prep Time: 10 MINS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
Making a big batch of brittle can be fairly simple with the right preparation and tools. Everything comes together rather quickly with only a few simple ingredients, meaning there is more time to go off and enjoy the holidays!
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or greased piece of parchment. Set aside.
- Pre-measure all of your ingredients and have them ready to go. Set aside.
- Place the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until the sugar melts with a heat-safe spatula.
- Once the sugar melts, stop stirring and turn the heat up to high. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until the sugar mixture registers 265°F on a candy thermometer.
- At 265°F, quickly but carefully stir in half the pistachios, followed by the butter, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt with a heat-safe spatula or wooden spoon. The mixture may bubble up a bit, so stand clear.
- Stirring occasionally to keep the nuts from burning at the bottom, continue to cook until the mixture registers 305°F on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Immediately pour the pistachio mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out with the spatula. Sprinkle with the rest of the pistachios and the flaky sea salt and allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container. Place a piece of parchment between layers of brittle to keep from sticking together.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Use shelled pistachios to cut the cook time in half! Not into pistachios? Feel free to use this recipe as a base for all of your favorite nuts, dried fruit, and spices!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup pistachios, roughly chopped and divided
- 1 TBSP. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- Candy thermometer
- Baking sheet
- Silicone mat or parchment paper