Deep-Dish Muffin Tin Pizza
Prep Time: 2 HOURS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
Pizza and game day are the absolute best of friends. They were just meant to be together. These personal-sized Chicago-style deep-dish muffin tin pizzas are super fun, mouth-wateringly delicious and dressed to impress. Give them a go at your next Homegating event.
- In a large bowl combine the yeast, lukewarm water, and sugar, and stir well. Let the yeast bubble, activate, and come to life, about 10 minutes. Add the flour, olive oil, and salt to the bowl, and stir together with a spoon until soft dough starts to form. Pour the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface, and working with the palms of your hands, knead the dough until it forms a soft and elastic dough ball, about 10 minutes. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough double in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the marinara sauce. Combine the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, tomatoes, oregano and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Punch down the risen dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough ball into 12 equal portions. Form and shape each portion into a small dough ball, pinching the bottom of each ball to close off any openings. Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece into a 6-inch round.
- Lightly oil the inside of 2 Texas-sized muffin tins with olive oil. Fill each muffin cup with a piece of dough, flattening it to the sides of the pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons of sauce into each cup, and top with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Top each cup with 3 slices of pepperoni.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the dough is golden brown. Transfer the muffin tin pizzas to a serving platter and sprinkle over the red chili flakes and fresh parsley.
Crank up your cooking tip:
To create the perfect, personal-sized, deep-dish pizzas, use a Texas-sized muffin tin.
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP. olive oil, plus more for the bowl and muffin tins
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 TBSP. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried red chili flakes
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tsp. dried red chili flakes
- 2 TBSP. flat-leaf parsley, finely sliced
- Extra large muffin tin