Nachos are party food, meant to be shared, and perfect for your next homegating event. Using both the griddle attachment and broiler will help you prepare perfectly cooked fajita chicken, crispy tortilla chips, and delicious melted cheese. Add homemade queso to the mix, and your kitchen just became the local go-to restaurant for nachos.
- Using the PowerPlus® burner, heat a saucepan over medium heat, and melt 1 tablespoon of butter. When melted, add the minced garlic to the saucepan and whisk together with 1 tablespoon of flour. Cook, while constantly stirring, for 45 seconds. Whisk in cayenne, chili powder, and 1 1/2 cups of milk, and season with salt. Bring to a boil. When boiling, turn the burner temperature to low, and gradually add the cheese to melt. Stir every few seconds until everything has melted and the queso is smooth. Set aside
- Fit the griddle attachment over the center burner, and heat over medium heat.
- In a bowl, toss the diced chicken with olive oil, lime zest, and spices. Sauté on the griddle attachment, turning often, for 5 minutes. Add the diced peppers to the chicken, toss together, and cook 2 minutes longer. Deglaze the griddle with 2 tablespoons of beer. Transfer to a dish and set aside
- Make a single layer of tortilla chips on the base of a large cookie sheet. Cover with old cheddar and jack cheese, then add the chicken and peppers. Cook under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Top with sliced green onions, sliced jalapenos, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with the queso.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Cook the chicken and peppers together on the griddle attachment on the Frigidaire Professional Range deglaze with a splash of beer for maximum flavor.