Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 30 MINS
Few dishes are as smile-inducing and delicious as crispy, crunchy breaded chicken and saucy, spicy buffalo wings. The combination is one of the best things on the planet, and this recipe joins those two comfort food heroes together to create a totally next-level sandwich.
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders have all the classic flavors of pub-style chicken wings, burgerized and ready to feed a hungry crowd at your next homegating party.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare 3 bowls, one with the flour, one with the breadcrumbs, spices, salt, and pepper, and lastly one with the eggs. Working one at a time, dredge the tenders in the flour, then the egg wash, and lastly the breadcrumb mixture, coating each piece thoroughly. Arrange the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan on the center simmer burner over medium heat. When melted, whisk in the hot sauce until smooth. Liberally baste the chicken with buffalo sauce on all sides, reserving ¼ cup of sauce. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and continue baking another 10 minutes. Baste the chicken a second time with the reserved sauce.
- Build the sliders with 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise, one chicken tender, and a slice of tomato and lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Bake the chicken and toss it in Buffalo sauce to get perfectly golden-brown, crispy fried chicken tenders. It is a little healthier, with no compromise on deliciousness.
- 3 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, sliced into thin tenders
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 head of lettuce
- 18 slider buns
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper