Brown Sugar Pecan Glazed Pork Loin
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 1.5 HOURS
An easy recipe for a sweet, savoury and crunchy glaze on a juicy pork loin roast.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the fat from the roast, leaving only a quarter inch of fat on top at the most.
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper and open roast on a rack in a 425 degree F oven for 1/2 hour.
- Combine the brown sugar and Dijon mustard into a paste and fold the chopped pecans into it.
- Remove the roast from the oven after 30 minutes and reduce the heat to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the prepared paste evenly over the top of the roast and return to the oven.
- Baste the roast about every 15 minutes, scooping up the glaze and nuts that fall off back over the top of the roast.
- Continue to roast until the internal temperature of the roast hits between 145 to 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Let the roast rest for 10 minutes after you take it out of the oven before carving and serving.
Crank up your cooking tip:
To ensure the pork loin is cooked evenly, use the PowerPlus™ Temperature Probe for great results!
- 3 1/2 pound pork loin roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped unroasted pecans