Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Naan Pizza
Prep Time: 20 MINS
Cook Time: 20 MINS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cubed butternut squash and garlic to a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and a pinch of cinnamon and chili powder. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- While the veggies roast, caramelize the onions. Heat a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat with butter. Add the onions and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. When done turn off burner and set aside.
- When veggies are done roasting, transfer to a blender or a food processor and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and maple syrup. Blend until smooth. Adding a touch of water to adjust if consistency is too thick. You want the texture to be spreadable, but not too liquidy that it won’t hold it’s shape.
- With naan bread, spread the butternut squash sauce down as a base for the pizza.
- Top with caramelized onions, kale, parmesan cheese, gorgonzola cheese and pine nuts.
- Turn oven up to 425 and bake pizzas on rack for about 10-15 minutes, or until edges of naan are getting crispy and cheese is melted
- Slice, serve and eat up all the deliciousness!
Crank Up Your Cooking Tip
Start roasting those veggies in a flash with the PowerPlus™ No Preheat feature on the Frigidaire Professional® Single Wall Oven. No more waiting for your oven to heat up, you can quickly be on your way to a delicious dinner.
- 3-4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, skin removed, halved
- 2 TBSP. of olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon and chili powder
- 1 TBSP. of maple syrup or honey
- 2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1-2 TBSP. of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 pieces of naan bread