Herb Crusted No-Knead Artisan Bread
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 2 HOURS
This delicious No-Knead Artisan Bread recipe is so simple; it doesn’t require expensive mixers or much time at all. Unlike most artisan breads, it only takes 10 minutes of hands-on time!
- The night before, combine flour, salt, yeast and sugar in a stainless steel bowl with a spatula.
- Add oil, rosemary, basil, oregano, & water. Use a spatula to mix until well combined.
- Put a lid on the bowl (or plastic wrap) and let it sit on your counter for 12-18 hours.
- Put flour on a pastry mat, silicone mat or your counter. Dump the dough onto the mat with a wooden spatula. The dough will be very wet.
- Add more flour to the dough and gently stir with the spatula until the "wetness" is gone.
- Add cheese and combine.
- Shape dough to the size and shape you want it to be and according to what you are placing your dough in to bake. A ceramic covered baking dish lined with parchment paper works well. (A dutch oven or a cast iron dutch oven will also work for this.)
- Place dough into the bottom of your baking dish, put a lid on it and place it in your oven (OVEN SHOULD BE OFF) for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove dough from oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If you like, sprinkle additional cheese and spices on top of the bread at this time.
- Put baking dish into the oven covered for 30 minutes.
- Take lid off and cook bread for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
Crank up your cooking tip:
Use the Frigidaire Professional Gas Range for perfecting this no-knead artisan bread recipe. With PowerPlus™ Convection, the gas oven cooks evenly, allowing for a perfect crust and deliciously-baked inside.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
- 1 TBSP. sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary, more if desired
- 1/2 tsp. basil, more if desired
- 1 tsp. oregano, more if desired
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, more if desired
- Dutch oven (can substitute with a ceramic covered baking dish lined with parchment paper)