Ham, Green Onion and Gruyere Savory Baked Donuts
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 15 MINS
We’re all familiar with sweet donuts, but impress your guests with these easy Gruyere, Ham & Green Onion Savory Donuts. It’s such a fun twist and makes for a simple, but unique appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Brush melted butter into each well of a donut pan.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and black pepper into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add egg and buttermilk and whisk mixture together until well combined, but make sure not to over mix.
- Fold ham, green onions and 1 cup cheese into the batter.
- Pour batter into each donut well, 3/4 of the way full and smooth the tops with the back of a spoon and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake donuts for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.
- Allow donuts to cool long enough to handle with your hands. Drizzle with honey and serve.
Crank up your cooking tip:
Ensure a bubbling & crispy cheese top on the donuts by using the PowerPlus™ Convection feature on the Frigidaire Professional Double Wall Oven
- 2 TBSP. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 TBSP. superfine (baker’s) sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups shredded gruyere, divided
- Donut pan