Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars with a Potato Chip Crust
Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 40 MINS
We took a childhood classic and turned it into a grown up dessert, that’s still kid-friendly! This Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bar recipe comes complete with a Potato Chip Crust, which delicately balances the sweet with a little bit of salty.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- For crust: Place potato chips and flour into a food processor and pulse 3 to 4 times. Add butter and pulse an additional 3 to 4 times. Transfer crust into an 8”x 8” baking dish and firmly press into the bottom of the dish. Place crust into the oven and par-bake for about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow crust to cool.
- For filling and topping: Place cream cheese, sour cream, peanut butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment and beat together until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and with the motor running add the eggs, one at a time until completely incorporated. Add vanilla and continue to beat mixture until smooth.
- Slightly heat the jelly in the microwave until warm and stir in the tapioca starch until smooth.
- To assemble: Pour the peanut butter filling over the par-baked crust and use a small offset spatula to smooth the surface.
- Drizzle the jelly mixture all over the top of the peanut butter filling.
- Gently drag a skewer through the surface, in a random pattern, to create a marbled look (make sure not to skewer through the crust).
- Bake cheesecake for 32 to 36 minutes or until the filling has set, but the center is still slightly wobbly.
- Place baking dish onto a cooling rack and allow cheesecake to cool completely before cutting and serving (can also refrigerate for 1 hour to chill before cutting and serving).
Crank up your cooking tip:
Use the bottom of a heavy glass or can to press the potato chip crust into the baking dish to prevent the crust from crumbling. Set the Frigidaire Professional Double Wall Oven seconds before using it with the convenient PowerPlus™ No Preheat feature.
Potato chip crust
- 8 ounces ridge cut potato chips, lightly crushed
- 2 TBSP. all purpose flour
- 5 TBSP. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Peanut butter cheesecake filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup superfine (baker’s) sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Strawberry jelly toppings
- 2/3 cup strawberry jelly
- 2 tsp. tapioca starch (can substitute cornstarch)
- Food processor
- Stand mixer